Meet Le Shepard
You don’t have to face this alone.
Le Shepard, LPC
You remember a time when life didn’t feel so heavy. Your relationship felt safe and connected. Parenting had its challenges, but they weren’t more than you could handle. When you looked to the future, there was hope. Now those days feel like a distant memory. You’re searching for a way to figure this out and get everything back on track.
You’ve come to the right place.
I’m Le (rhymes with Smee), and I help couples and people on difficult parenting journeys just like you: people who know something better is possible but just need the support to get there.
I help couples break free from the patterns they are stuck in and create a relationship that will last for the long haul.
You may have heard horror stories about couples counselors picking sides, giving unrealistic advice or even giving up and recommending divorce. I have hope for your relationship. I believe the life you’ve built together matters so I’ll use proven therapies to help you heal past wounds and create the connection you’ve always wanted.
You probably noticed that you go through the same cycle of arguing or disconnection over and over. The first thing we’ll do is figure out what that cycle looks like in your relationship so that we can slow it down and change it. Then, we’ll practice having a different kind of conversation where you’ll work through the hard stuff and come closer together. It won’t be easy but if you stick with it, you can walk away with a relationship that feels safe and secure.
Every parent struggles sometimes but some parenting journeys are harder than others. You might be staring a child’s diagnosis that has completely shaken you. Maybe you are post-adoption and finding more struggles with fewer resources than you ever imagined. I help parents cope with the challenges of a journey they never expected so they can show up with their families in a way they are proud of.
When parents start looking for support, they often find resources for their kids or plenty of people willing to tell them everything they’re doing wrong. It’s incredibly frustrating as a parent to have people with typical families judging or giving tips that would never work in your home because they just don’t understand. I know you’re doing your best but this hard. What you’re facing doesn’t have easy answers and might be a pain that has to be carried, not fixed.
I won’t patronize you by pretending there’s an easy answer or that a few quick coping skills will solve everything. Instead, I’ll join you on this journey and give you a space to say the things you aren’t allowed to say in front of the regular families. We’ll work through the pain, grief and disappointment so that you can breathe easier and feel good about how you show up with your kids. When we’re finished, you’ll feel strong enough to love and parent whole heartedly.
I am dedicated to helping people find peace.
My training in emotionally focused therapy and trauma means I have the expertise you need and deserve when healing your soul or rebuilding your relationship. But at the end of the day, you want to know you’re working with someone who “gets” what it means to be in your shoes, right?
I get it because I’ve lived it. I’m a mama by birth and adoption to kids with superpowers and special needs. I understand what it’s like to struggle with broken dreams and immense pressures. I’ve used the same techniques I teach clients to strengthen my own marriage of 17 years. When we work together, you won’t just get a trained therapist. You’ll get someone who truly understands what you’re going through.
Experience & Education
- MA in Counseling Psychology from Texas Woman’s University – 2015
- BS in Psychology from Texas Woman’s University – 2011
- AS from Weatherford College – 2009
- Texas LPC # 75490
- Texas Counselor’s Association (TCA)
- International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT)
- North Texas Emotionally Focused Therapy Community (NTEFTC)
Certifications & Advanced Trainings
- Certified Emotionally Focused Couples Therapist – 2022
- Trauma Therapy Certificate through Trauma Care Institute – 2020
- EMDR trained through Compassion Works International – 2019
- Prepare-Enrich certified facilitator – 2017
- Steering Team Member – North Texas Emotionally Focused Therapy Community – since 2020
- Volunteer Writer and Parent Advocate – PCDH19 Alliance – since 2013
- 2018 volunteer of the year
- Public Speaking
- I regularly speak about parenting trauma, grief or marriage at parenting conferences. I train other therapists to better serve people on difficult parenting journeys.
- I was a special guest on The Charlotte Mason Show podcast and spoke about Parenting Adoptive, Special Needs, and Children Through Trauma. You can hear that episode HERE.
- Curator at The Therapist’s Bookshelf and @TherapyBooks
- I review and share books for therapists and their clients.
Outside of My Virtual Office
When I’m not counseling, you can probably find me homeschooling, hiking or curled up in a corner with a book. My husband and I are about 1/3 of the way to our goal of visiting every national park in the U.S. so we take off for an adventure with our four kids in our 5th wheel every chance we get.