At 1000 Hills we abide by the following values
- We believe in pursuing knowledge with reckless abandon. We read. We learn. We seek out trainings and consultation to constantly improve our work with the people we serve.
- We believe that every client is a valuable human and should be treated with absolute respect and dignity.
- When we say we don’t discriminate, it is not only because of legal rules. We don’t discriminate because we believe that unique characteristics like race, sex, and ability are important factors of our clients identities and should be honored, never ignored or discriminated against.
- We believe in holding ourselves to the highest ethical standards and walking with integrity because our work requires that we earn our clients’ trust and respect.
- We believe in working with the people we are best equipped to serve. We don’t work with clients outside of our competency or license jurisdiction because we cannot provide them with the excellent and ethical care that is the standard at 1000 Hills.
- We believe that the natural responses to trauma are not pathological, they are human. We work with people to find healing without assuming that they are broken just because they struggle while walking through hard things.
- We believe that the best approaches to healing are usually based in connection or experiential therapies.
- We believe that online therapy is not an alternative treatment or something we are forced into because of outside situations. Our therapists see online counseling as the best way to treat their clients. Every therapist at 1000 Hills has advanced training or certification in online therapy in addition to their modality specific training.
If this sounds like you
send an email with your resume to Le@1000HillsCounseling.com with the subject line “I would be a fantastic fit at 1000 Hills.” Then tell us why you want to join our team. Bonus points if you include a paragraph about the last therapy book you read.