Join Our Team
We’re looking for some great therapists!
Are you absolutely passionate about struggling parents?
Hi! I’m Le Shepard, LPC and I started 1000 Hills because I wanted to reach parents and couples in an honoring, effective, and non-pathologizing way while creating actual work-life balance. As a mom by birth and adoption of kids who struggle, I care deeply about parents and I’m dedicated to reaching other parents in the community. My clients love working with me because they know that I understand what they’re facing because I’ve climbed my own mountains.
If you are looking for a place where you can meet couples and parents at their darkest moments and help them find light again, then 1000 Hills is it. If you are looking for flexible hours and opportunities to grow a therapist or in the company, we should talk.
As a counselor at 1000 Hills, you are joining a group that is:
- 100% private pay
- 100% telehealth (always has been and always will be)
- growing and reaching more of the people we care about every day
- committed to paying fair percentages and investing in our team
- just as interested in having healthy employees as we are in helping our clients get healthy. (That means that we have realistic client load expectations and caps so that you can show up for sessions and life as your best you.)
To qualify for this position you must:
- have a minimum of a masters degree in counseling, psychology, marriage & family therapy, clinical social work or a related field.
- be licensed or eligible for licensure in the state of Texas
- Associate level and fully licensed therapists are encouraged to apply.
- able to see clients online
- have a private and secure professional workspace to see clients online
- We’re happy to help you make your space perfect for therapy but privacy, quiet, and strong internet are required
- be available for a minimum of 10 sessions per week including one evening or weekend shift per week
At 1000 Hills we abide by the following values
- We believe in pursuing knowledge with reckless abandon. We read. We learn. We seek out trainings and consultation to constantly improve our work with the people we serve.
- We believe that every client is a valuable human and should be treated with absolute respect and dignity.
- When we say we don’t discriminate, it is not only because of legal rules. We don’t discriminate because we believe that unique characteristics like race, sex, and ability are important factors of our clients identities and should be honored, never ignored or discriminated against.
- We believe in holding ourselves to the highest ethical standards and walking with integrity because our work requires that we earn our clients’ trust and respect.
- We believe in working with the people we are best equipped to serve. We don’t work with clients outside of our competency or license jurisdiction because we cannot provide them with the excellent and ethical care that is the standard at 1000 Hills.
- We believe that the natural responses to trauma are not pathological, they are human. We work with people to find healing without assuming that they are broken just because they struggle while walking through hard things.
- We believe that the best approaches to healing are usually based in connection or experiential therapies.
- We believe that online therapy is not an alternative treatment or something we are forced into because of outside situations. Our therapists see online counseling as the best way to treat their clients. Every therapist at 1000 Hills has advanced training or certification in online therapy in addition to their modality specific training.
If this sounds like you
send an email with your resume to Le@1000HillsCounseling.com with the subject line “I would be a fantastic fit at 1000 Hills.” Then tell us why you want to join our team. Bonus points if you include a paragraph about the last therapy book you read.